Do you ever use Net Meeting for screensharing? Have you ever wished for a better option? Well we actually do have a pretty good (and free!) alternative in the form of Lotus Sametime Meetings.
I’m not sure why it is kept such a secret but you can access Sametime Meetings here: http://dslim1or.aepsc.com/STCENTER.nsf (Sorry AEP only link.)
Once you login, you can schedule your meeting including options such as:
- whether the meeting is open to anyone or only available to those you specifically invite
- whether you’ll require a meeting password
- adding content slides [ see the list of supported formats here ]
- allowing group chat within the meeting or not
- whether you would like to record the meeting
Once you’ve scheduled your meeting you’ll receive a nice, neat summary with all the details via email which you can add to a meeting invitation and/or forward to the attendees including the file attachments you’ve associated with the meeting.
Once your in session you’ll be able to use features such as:
- screen sharing among any/all participants
- use group chat
- share web sites
- use the polling tool to gather feedback
- use the whiteboard feature
If you’re not at AEP or if you’re curious about other options check out these free alternatives: Yugma, DimDim, Vyew.com, and others. Also many web meeting tools have a “3 for free” option that allow you to do these types of online meetings for up to 3 people at no cost.
Got any questions about how you can use these types of collaboration tools?