Quick question for you. What do you do if you want to access a bookmark saved on your work computer from home (or anywhere else for that matter)? Email it to yourself? Write it on a Post-It note and hope you don’t lose it? What happens if your PC fails? This week we’ll see a great option for solving these and other bookmark related challenges.
Lots of people still store their bookmarks/favorites in their web browser, which are only available from the one computer they get saved on. Delicious is an online bookmarking tool, that keeps all your bookmarks online, so you can get to them from any computer, whether you’re at home, at work or on the road.
Other advantages include a better way to organize, share and annotate your bookmarks.
- Go to delicious.com
- Click “Join Now “
- Follow the instructions as prompted
Get the buttons
Adding the buttons to your browser toolbar is the most efficient way of using delicious. (trust me you’ll want to have these) http://delicious.com/help/bookmarklets
Whenever you find a site you want to bookmark simply click the “Bookmark on Delicious” button in your browser. The URL and title are automatically captured so all you need to do is tag it and, if you want, add some notes to it. This will be saved to your Delicious account which you can access from anywhere you have internet access, including your phone.
See It In Action:
Bookmarks of Interest:
- Getting started with Delicious: http://delicious.com/help/getStarted
- All of my personal bookmarks: http://delicious.com/tmiket/
- Popular Excel bookmarks: http://delicious.com/popular/excel
- Popular PowerPoint bookmarks: http://delicious.com/popular/PowerPoint
- Popular Word bookmarks: http://delicious.com/popular/Word
What do you think? Good idea or not?