If you have a presentation that you often tweak for different audiences you should know about PowerPoint’s Custom Show feature. Working with Custom Shows allows you to create and manage variations of your presentation within a single PowerPoint file. Basically it lets you create groups of slides for certain audiences or purposes without having to keep track or which file is the right one.
For example, if your original presentation has 10 slides, you might want to show slides 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 to one audience and slides 1, 4, 8, 9, and 10 to another. Custom shows are an easy solution for this type of scenario.
How to Create a custom show
- On the Slide Show tab, in the Start Slide Show group, click Custom Slide Show, and then click Custom Shows.
- In the Custom Shows dialog box, click New.
- Under Slides in presentation, click the slides that you want to include in the custom show, and then click Add.
TIP To select multiple sequential slides, click the first slide, and then hold down SHIFT while you click the last slide that you want to select. To select multiple nonsequential slides, hold down CTRL while you click each slide that you want to select.
- To change the order in which slides appear, under Slides in custom show, click a slide, and then click one of the arrows to move the slide up or down in the list.
- Type a name in the Slide show name box, and then click OK. To create additional custom shows with any slides in your presentation, repeat these steps.