If you find yourself regularly searching for specific types of of files in Windows 7, you should know about saved searchers. Saving searches is a great way to save time and find the files you need more quickly. Here we’ll take a look at how to share and organize searches in Windows 7.
When you save a search, you don’t have to re-enter any criteria. Just open the saved search, and you’ll get all of your files that match the original search.
3 ways to search
- You can use the search box on the Start menu to find files, folders, programs, and e‑mail messages stored on your computer.
To find an item using the Start menu click the Start button , and then type a word or part of a word in the search box.
- Use the search box from within a folder or library
- Open Search by pressing Windows logo key +F.
To save a search
- When the search is completed, on the toolbar, click Save search.
- In the File name box, type a name for the search, and then click Save.A shortcut to the saved search will be added to the Favorites section of the navigation pane. The search itself will be saved in the Searches folder (located in your personal folder under Computer).