Did you know if you have PowerPoint 2010 or 2013 you have everything you need to deliver your presentation over the web to an audience following along in their browser for free?
To broadcast your presentation, do the following:
- On the Slide Show tab, in the Start Slide Show group, click Broadcast Slide Show.
The Broadcast Slide Show dialog box opens.
- Do one of the following:
- If you want to host your slide show on the service listed under Broadcast Service, skip to the next step.
- If you want to use some other service to host your slide show, click Change Broadcast Service. Under Choose a broadcast service, select the service that you want to use. For more information about broadcast services, see Choosing a broadcast service.
NOTE If you do not see the service that you want to use, select Add a new service, and then in the Add Broadcast Service dialog box, enter the network address of the service you want to use and then click Add.
- After you select your broadcast service, click Start Broadcast. PowerPoint then creates a URL for your presentation.
- To send the URL for your presentation to your audience, do one of the following:
- To send the URL for your presentation by email, click Send in Email.
- To copy the link, click Copy Link.
- When your audience receives the URL for the slide show, click Start Slide Show to begin your broadcast.
- After you finish presenting and are ready to end the broadcast, press ESC to exit Slide Show view and then clickEnd Broadcast.
In PowerPoint 2013, close any open presentations that you don’t want to share.
- Click File > Share > Present Online
- Select the Enable remote viewers to download the presentation check box.
- Click Present Online.
- To send your meeting invitation to attendees, choose one of the following:
- Copy Link – and paste it somewhere others can access it
- Send in email
- When you are ready to start your presentation, click Start Presentation.
- To end your online presentation, press Esc to get out of Slide Show View, and then on the Present Online tab, click End Online Presentation.
- To confirm that you want to end the presentation, click End Online Presentation.