The AutoFill feature in Excel can do so many things. One really handy job it can make quick work or is copying formats from one cell to another.
How to copy formatting via Autofill
1. Format the content in your first cell.
2. Hover your cursor over the bottom right of the cell so you can see the Fill handle (it is a black crosshair or plus sign)
3. Click and drag to copy – this will copy content to and may overwrite your existing data – no worries, we’ll fix that.
4. When you let go, look for the Smart Tag and click it to select Fill Formatting Only.
5. Voila! Your original data is back with the new formatting applied.