By default, most computers will open an email application like Outlook when you click an email link. But a lot of us, even organizations, are using web-based email like Gmail, Outlook.com and others.
If you’re one of those folks here is how you can bypass your old email app and make those email links work for you, where you need them – in your browser.
Each browser is a little different so here’s the info you need:
- Go to the site you use for mail (Gmail.com, Outlook.com, or so on).
- Click the double-diamond icon found at the far right side of the address bar.
- Choose Allow and click Done.
- Click the menu icon near the upper-right corner.
- Click the Options icon.
- Click the Applications tab on the left pane.
- Type mail in the Search field.
- Select mailto.
- Pull down the Action menu and make your selection.